Environmental Trials & Analysis Engineer - Stevenage, United Kingdom
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit an Environmental Trials & Analysis Engineer Subcontractor on an initial 10 month contract.
This role would suit a candidate who comes from an Environmental Test Engineer background.
Contract Duration: 10 Months (initially and then ongoing thereafter)
Hourly Rate:The Company are offering excellent rates
Security Information: Please Note you must be eligible for SC Security Clearance (unfortunately due to security restrictions for this role, the candidate will need to be a British National with no dual nationality and must have resided in the UK for at least 4 of the past 5 years).
Environmental Trials & Analysis Engineer Job Description:
To work as part of the EE&F UK Data Analysis Team under the line management of the Data Analysis Team Leader, applying specialist technical knowledge and providing advice to projects, with responsibility for delivery of technical aspects of environmental data analysis activities.
To carry out a range of tasks as assigned in the analysis team in accordance with relevant process, quality and technical requirements. Typical tasks will involve analysis of structural modal testing, land, sea and air data gathering trials, subsequent assessment and compilation of detailed technical reports.
1. Apply specialist technical knowledge and provide advice to projects, with responsibility for delivery of technical aspects of data analysis activities, as part of the EE&F UK Environmental Data Analysis Team
2. Act as a technical interface with customers in the delivery of data analysis tasks or technical work packages, including data gathering trials and assessments, platform integration activities, and structural modal assessment, ensuring delivery to the required quality, timescale and budget.
3. Plan, deliver and monitor assigned work packages, making engineering decisions within own sphere of responsibility and delegated authority to ensure requirements are delivered to plan.
4. Develop test specifications and carry out activities related to vibration, shock and signal analysis in line with all technical and quality standards.
5. Carry out a full range of technical analyses and investigations, including evaluation of technical options, and prepare reports with suggested recommendations to support the resolution of problems attributed to shock and vibration, and the improvement of engineering capability.
6. Contribute to the development, improvement and maintenance of engineering processes and procedures within the analysis team in response to technical developments and engineering needs.
7. Some of the key challenges for the role include:
o Effectively dealing with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently, cross-projects.
o Interaction with the customer community at a high level, maintaining integrity of engineering outputs.
o Acting as a technical consultant to the wider department in the resolution of complex problems, and providing training in areas of expertise.
o Contributing to EE&F Analysis strategy to keep pace with emerging technologies and threats.
Skills and Knowledge Required:
1. Strong technical background in environmental, mechanical or similar discipline
2. Able to work from first principles
3. Excellent analysis and presentation skills
4. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
5. Highly motivated and adaptable in unfamiliar environments, with results driven orientation.
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Engineering / Environmental engineer
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Environmental Trials & Analysis Engineer
Location: Stevenage, United Kingdom
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 824798
Posted Date: 15/04/2019