EMC Test Engineer - Stevenage, United Kingdom
World Class Defence Organisation based in Bristol is currently looking to recruit an EMC Test Engineer Subcontractor on an initial 6 month contract.
Contract Duration: 6 Months (initially and then ongoing thereafter)
Hourly Rate: The Company are offering excellent rates
Security Information: Please Note you must be eligible for SC Security Clearance (unfortunately due to security restrictions for this role, the candidate will need to be a British National with no dual nationality and must have resided in the UK for at least 4 of the past 5 years).
EMC Engineer Job Description:
- To undertake a range of engineering activities with the EMC skill area, applying specialist technical knowledge for the testing of equipment and systems to meet military requirements in anechoic and reverberation chambers.
- Perform test assessments of equipment and systems to meet military requirements in anechoic and reverberation chambers.
- Perform test for the effects of the EMC & RF requirements on the unit for test - implementing a consistent test and assessment logic.
- Providing expertise in the measurement and analysis of operational RF & EMC environments including field trials in support of development to meet Requirements Specification.
- Applying technical knowledge in a range of RFI & EMC testing techniques in compliance with DEF STAN 59-411, DEF STAN 59-114 and other relevant standards.
- Maintain trials log to provide an accurate record of the trials performed in accordance with the standard procedure in order to meet UKAS requirements.
- Writing of detailed EMC test instructions derived from the Environmental Requirement Specifications (ERS?s), EMC Control Plans and Proving Plans and Requirements in support of product development.
- Plan, prepare and conduct of EMC & RF trials programmes at system, subsystem and component level within internal facilities and at external test houses for certification approvals and for pre compliance investigations.
- Writing technical reports to provide a record of the trials performed in accordance with the standard procedure to meet UKAS requirements.
- Providing expertise in requirements management and preparing compliance statements in support of Certification.
- Provide support to the identification and development technical solutions to project failures attributed to EMC & RF Environments including recommending solutions.
- Investigating and solving EMC / RFI related problems, (including work across different disciplines) to determine issues and determine resolutions.
- Working within functional and UK / French boundaries to resolve complex technical EMC problems.
- To provide inputs for the continuing development of the EMC trials facilities.
- Educated to degree or equivalent level
- Thorough understanding of the EMC environmental life cycle for the various military services.
- Knowledge of EMC & RF test techniques and systems.
- Knowledge of EMC & RF test antennas and their appropriate utilisation.
- Knowledge of test and measurement instrumentation.
- Knowledge of signal processing and analysis.
- Knowledge of DEF STANs and related specs relevant to the EMC discipline.
The 4 most important skills are…………..
- Experience in applying EMC testing using receivers amplifiers and transducers as required.
- Knowledge of Defence Standard test methods.
- Capable of (UKAS accredited) report writing.
- Understanding to test equipment limitations.
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Engineering / EMC Engineer
Apply for this Position
Job Title: EMC Test Engineer
Location: Stevenage, United Kingdom
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 825662
Posted Date: 15/05/2019