Occupational Health Advisor - Stevenage, United Kingdom
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit an Occupational Health Advisor subcontractor on an initial 6 month contract.
Hourly Rate: The Company are offerng excellent rates.
Contract Duration: 6 Months (initially and then very much long-term thereafter).
Security Information: Please Note you must be eligible for SC Security Clearance (unfortunately due to security restrictions for this role, the candidate will need to be a British National with no dual nationality and must have resided in the UK for at least 4 of the past 5 years).
Occupational Health Advisor Job Description:
An exciting new opportunity has arisen for an experienced Occupational Health Advisor to join an in-house forward thinking service based at our Stevenage Site on a 6 month fixed term basis.
The Role requires delivery of a full OH remit:
• Undertaking health screening, travel health, health surveillance and case management
• Delivering presentation and reports at forums and meetings
• Supporting the businesses in the delivering Health & Wellbeing Strategy and Campaigns
• Supporting the business in meeting legislative requirements
• Being an integral part of an OH UK wide team
• Undertaking inter site travel
• Working closely with Human Resources and Safety team colleagues
What you will gain;
• Gaining knowledge of key health concerns and legislation
• Working alongside experienced colleagues with specialist knowledge
• You will be supported with NMC revalidation requirements
• Opportunity to learn and develop new skills in a manufacturing environment
• You will be joining a new dynamic award winning team who have brought fresh ideas and been responsible for the development of the new occupational health & wellbeing service
• The team strive for excellence and have recently contributed to the business Investors in People Gold Award and achieving the first Health & Wellbeing Award at Advanced level
• The team also contributed to the business Rospa Gold achievement award
What are they looking for?
A dynamic, proactive motivated and passionate occupational health professional, who is driven to deliver an excellent service, promoting both physical & mental wellbeing, they should be:
• NMC RN part 1, RN part 3 – SCPHN (OH) registered
• Experienced motivated and energised Occupational Health Advisor
• Travel Health trained
• Able to work effectively within a team framework.
• To succeed in the role, you need the ability to prioritise and manage time effectively.
• Good with interpersonal skills and communication, both written and oral.
Skills and Experience
• Holds a Registered Nurse qualification – RN (1) on current NMC register
• Holds an OH (RN3) Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (SCPHN) qualification on current NMC register
• A successful track record of team management and achievement as an OH professional in a large organisation delivering a comprehensive programme
• Experience of working with a team, in a clinic environment
• Experience of establishing productive relationships with customers and other internal/external stakeholders
• Experience and ability in dealing with complex case management
• Demonstrates good verbal and written communication skills
Stevenage, United Kingdom
Engineering / Health & Safety Advisor
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Occupational Health Advisor
Location: Stevenage, United Kingdom
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 825705
Posted Date: 15/05/2019