Internal Audit Manager - London , United Kingdom
£70,000.00 - £85,000.00
We currently face an exciting and challenging phase as an organisation as we move into the more heavily regulated banking control environment, whilst maintaining a proportionate audit function. This role will help support the Head of Audit in the fulfilment of the annual audit plan, whilst working with Senior Leadership in ensuring risks are managed, with the ultimate goal of helping develop and maintain a bank standard control environment. If you are looking for an opportunity within a dynamic and collaborative environment where your expertise will help add value, whilst also giving you the platform to further develop an efficient control audit environment, then please read ahead!
You'll be responsible for:
- Completing end to end audits on key risks across the organisation, including stakeholder engagement, planning and reporting, providing an important contribution to the management of controls, in particular:
- Reviewing the effectiveness of the control environment.
- Completing the scoping and planning for individual audits through engagement with senior stakeholders.
- Clearing observations identified and closing our audits with key stakeholders and drafting the audit report.
- Working with, or providing direction to, co-sourced resources.
- Tracking completion of agree actions through to closure.
- Undertaking other tasks in support of the Internal Audit function as directed by the Head of Audit.
- ACA/ACCA qualification obtained at a “Big 8” accountancy firm;
- Prior internal audit experience operating at a senior auditor/assistant manager level., obtained in the internal audit function of a bank;
- Detailed knowledge of auditing, amongst other risks, capital/liquidity adequacy, payment processing and credit risk;
- Strong team player and able to work alone with minimal supervision. Patient and calm, especially under pressure or in a crisis.
- Strong analytical skills;
- Thorough understanding of the principles and application of good corporate governance, business and operation risk and control processes and procedures;
- Good knowledge of risk driven audit planning techniques and methods, design of testing approaches for controls and the requirements of the standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing of the Institute of Internal Auditors;
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing and
London , United Kingdom
Practice & Tax / Audit Manager
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Internal Audit Manager
Location: London , United Kingdom
Job Type: Perm Position
Reference ID: 826367
Posted Date: 11/06/2019