Principle Mechanical Engineer/Mechanical Engineering Manager - Barrow-in-Furness , United Kingdom
£50.00 - £50.00
Principal Mechanical Engineer/ Mechanical Engineering Manager
Initial 12 month contract
£50.00 per hour LTD
SC level Clearance
Advantage Resourcing are working in partnership with a global manufacturing company who operate within the Defence industry. They are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to join their site based in Barrow on an initial 12 month contract.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the Design Co-ordination / Review / Management of a large scale engineering project for one of their significant facility / infrastructure projects as part of the Barrow Site redevelopment.
Typical duties and responsibilities:
• Ensure developed solutions are clearly defined, integrated, configured, controlled and delivered, including resolution of conflicts and integration issues that occur through development and delivery phases.
• Perform appropriate engineering planning, management and review activities to ensure products are integrated, safe, fully compliant and delivered within agreed requirements for cost, quality, time and schedule.
• Assure the maturity of the developed solutions is appropriate for the specific requirement and that all technical risks and opportunities are captured.
• Review the processes and procedures within the span of control to reduce waste, improve efficiency and establish a dynamic and flexible best in class capability.
• Ensure all engineering activities are undertaken in line with the Operational Framework and that compliance with all engineering policies is maintained.
• Sign off for design, legal and technical requirements for a project or service.
• Design Reviews and/or technical bid reviews for minor projects and provide significant contribution to larger projects.
• Determine the Engineering Lifecycle Maturity Gates, with maturity targets aligned to the Project’s objectives and recorded in the appropriate management plan and agreed with the EM, in accordance with the Engineering Strategy.
• Advise Project Manager on engineering risk. Devise a plan to mitigate this risk.
• Ensure that any issues revealed by the Design Review that may affect other projects are formally and promptly identified to their Engineering Authority and participate in the LFE process.
The successful candidate will ideally be degree qualified from a Mechanical Engineer discipline- must be a Chartered Engineer recognised by the Engineering Council
• Nuclear projects essential
• Management and integration of multi-disciplined engineering teams; leadership of engineering resources, delivery of packages of work/services, involving new products and/or complex upgrades, utilising new and existing technologies, requiring multiple interfaces with customers/suppliers.
• Delivery of projects to meet customer and contractual obligations for cost, quality, timeliness and specification, resolution of engineering conflicts between disciplines, systems and capabilities.
• Integration and solution development to meet a coherent and prioritised set of demands, tailor and apply engineering processes, tools and approaches to develop innovative and creative solutions to contracts and specifications.
• Requires depth of understanding of how sub function engineering is organised and structured, how different engineering disciplines are integrated.
• Requires good understanding of customer and customer requirements plus an awareness of industry approaches and standards.
For more information, please contact Advantage Resourcing quoting reference: 826386
Barrow-in-Furness , United Kingdom
Engineering / Mechanical Engineer
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Principle Mechanical Engineer/Mechanical Engineering Manager
Location: Barrow-in-Furness , United Kingdom
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 826386
Posted Date: 12/06/2019