Procurement Officer - Leading organisation - Barrow-in-Furness , United Kingdom
Procurement Officer – 6 Month Contract - Barrow-in-Furness, £21.12 per hour limited/umbrella
This is a great opportunity to work within one of the UKs leading Defence Engineering companies with offices in Barrow-in-Furness
- Execution of the end-to-end procurement process i.e. delivery of information, products and services to quality, cost and schedule requirements.
- Continually review supplier performance.
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Independently undertake transactional procurement activity including; raising Request for Quotations, negotiating price and lead times, creating and managing purchase orders, expediting delivery and managing payments.
- Undertake supplier assessment and due diligence activity to ensure the effective selection of suppliers to meet business needs.
- Record and report cost savings / cost avoidance.
- Communicate with suppliers and internal / external stakeholders – resolving a wide variety of routine problems and quality issues, escalating complex / high impact issues when necessary.
Experience required for this role:-
- Knowledge of in-scope product / service being provided to ensure requirements with respect to nuclear safety and environmental management are understood and delivered/met where applicable
- Sound knowledge of procurement principles and practices
- Sound understanding of negotiation and supplier management techniques
- Sound understanding of commercial aspects of contracts (with support).
- Knowledge of in-scope product / service being procured
Submit your CV now to be considered for this fantastic opportunity to work with a leading organisation.Ref 826638
Barrow-in-Furness , United Kingdom
Engineering / Buyer
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Procurement Officer - Leading organisation
Location: Barrow-in-Furness , United Kingdom
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 826638
Posted Date: 04/07/2019