Senior Business Analyst - London, United Kingdom
£60,000.00 - £80,000.00
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Business Analyst to work on the Regulatory Portfolio. The Business Analyst will initially be assigned on EMIR initial Margining Phase 5 has a go-live of September 2020 but a large array of steps needs to be taken in advance of that go live date. Some of the activities the BA will be required to perform include:
• Identifying entities in scope to determine the AANA observation window and to conduct estimates long before the observation window in order to have enough time to prepare.
• Work with client Directors and onboarding teams to make early disclosure of in scope entities and funds to counterparties
• Work with the business to determine how each entity will look to comply with the IM requirements, ie choice of custodian, who and how IM(SIMM) will be calculated, determine MTA’s and IM thresholds and agreeing on eligible collateral, monitoring of thresholds, potentially using clearers on specific instruments(NDF’s)
• Determine whether any special cases apply, including considering the impact of cross jurisdictions
• Establishing Custodial relationships which each in scope entity will be required to use for collateral segregation
• Excellent stakeholder management at all levels; both internally and externally
• Possess strong business acumen, able to quickly pick up the content and business knowledge required, supporting the business through the requirements gathering, design and testing phases.
• Demonstrable experience in producing comprehensive and accurate documentation (eg. process mapping, data flow diagramming)
• Experience of working on complex regulatory projects and programmes involving broad business change.
• Exposure and general understanding of OTC derivatives and their associated margining processes.
• Previous experience on EMIR risk mitigation regulatory projects
• Ideally worked previously on EMIR Initial Margining Phases 1-3 or Variation Margining
• Producing outputs to a high quality within the standards set by the management team.
• Experience of agile and waterfall project life cycles within a structured environment, with exposure to working with external third-party vendors and partners.
• Experience of developing business processes and target operating models (TOM’s)
• A proactive thinker with strong influencing skills and knowing when to act on any key issues that require escalation/support
You will have:
• Strong experience in OTC derivatives(CDS, IRS, FX, Equity) in a Front Office or Operations capacity
• Experience of working on Previous phases of EMIR IM (Phases 1-3) is essential
• Asset Management experience is not essential but is desirable
• Experience of dealing with third party vendors and custodians and collateral managers
London, United Kingdom
Accounting / Business Analyst
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Senior Business Analyst
Location: London, United Kingdom
Job Type: Perm Position
Reference ID: 826681
Posted Date: 22/06/2019