Financial Accountant - Birmingham, United Kingdom
Role: Financial Accountant
Salary:£36,300 - £45,350
Advantage Resourcing are recruiting an experienced Financial Accountant to join a leading organisation in Birmingham. In this key role you’ll contribute continuously to the strategic development of the organisation by defining and implementing effective accounting policies, financial systems, controls, processes and reports.
- Contribute financial expertise to the development of strategic financial systems which will operate within a network of integrated corporate systems and deliver reliable financial information for budget management and decision-making purposes.
- Organise and manage assigned areas to support the preparation and publication of the Annual Report and Accounts and the quarterly reports for consolidation in the group; engage with non-financial stakeholders and support the efficient completion of the external audit.
- Define, implement and monitor the financial policies, operational procedures and performance measures necessary to maintain the integrity of financial data and make high-quality financial information available to key stakeholders.
- Build effective working relationships across the organisation to provide a trusted financial advisory service, interpreting financial issues and information for decision makers and securing non-financial information to meet reporting needs.
- Provide expert technical advice to senior financial management based on excellent knowledge of technical accounting standards and on benchmarking the approach of other organisations and implement appropriate changes.
The successful candidate:
- Qualified Financial Accountant, with a recognised body.
- Understand International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRSs) and technical accounting matters, with knowledge of how to interpret, apply and communicate complex financial issues to both financial and non-financial colleagues.
- Experience working within a Finance function.
- IT skills with recent and up-to-date experience of ERP systems, ability to use Excel spreadsheets and PowerPoint to an advanced level.
- Ability to produce and present documents and reports to a variety of audiences and ability to explain financial matters to non-financial audiences.
If you would like to apply for this role, please apply with your up to date CV.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Accounting / Financial Accountant
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Financial Accountant
Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Job Type: Perm Position
Reference ID: 826720
Posted Date: 24/06/2019