Delivery Manager - Warrington, United Kingdom
Job Title: Delivery Manager
Project Function: Project Manager
12 month Contract
- Ensure safety is the highest priority on the project, with a continued strive towards Zero Harm. Lead by example, undertaking at least one safety tour every month across project sites.
- Deputise for the Project Manager in his absence for the general supervision and management of the Works and all related matters.
- Work in accordance with the delegated authorities defined in schedule 7 of the Contract or as otherwise delegated by the Project Manager in his absence.
- Direct and oversee all aspects of project delivery undertaken by the Area Project Managers (APMs) and the delivery teams reporting to them, ensuring appropriate consistency of approach and information.
- Ensure the risk register reflects the true project risks and is updated regularly, retiring risks as appropriate, and ensuring mitigating actions are tracked and implemented.
- Prepare the relevant report content covering delivery progress, cost and risk (using input from APMs and PCs) for the Client, Partner and Executive reports as necessary. More than reporting – to ensure confidence in the information and activities to maintain the progress developing trust and confidence with the IC
- Project wide decision making, aligned activities, priority setting and resource management and planning to deliver overall requirements (having a view outside own area)
- Active participation in the High Performance Project Leadership Team
- Understand, meet and manage where appropriate SL and wider parent company expectations
- Oversee an effective meeting schedule driven by project needs and promote clear protocols that enhance value and effectiveness of meeting outcomes
- Role model, hold self and others accountable for the behaviours, processes and approach that support collaborative working across stakeholders.
- Drive a commitment focused approach across where outcomes are clear and required actions are well defined, owned and delivered where accountability for performance is managed.
- Deliver fit for purpose solutions, leveraging innovation, learning and best practice from within the project and across JV partners and SL.
- Drive a coherent and open communication strategy that ensures common understanding, where individuals are clear about their contribution to overall success and ideas and good practice are shared
- Ensure that the Works are delivered in accordance with approved schedules and budgets to the agreed quality requirements.
- Ensure that all change is identified, in accordance with the contract, and controlled by the delivery teams. Maintain the CE register on behalf of the Project Manager. Ensure that PMIs and EWNs are issued in a timely manner as required.
- Update the appropriate resource levels, and assign specific roles and responsibilities for the Project Management Function in their assigned areas
- Delivery to Schedule, cost and quality requirements of assigned areas
- Ensure right people, with right skills at the right time to optimise overall project performance considering both technical and behavioural competence
- Effective management of risk to ensure mitigation of threats and maximisation of opportunities to ensure project delivery
- Provide transparency of performance of their assigned areas for all stakeholders and through this developing trust & confidence
- Having a project wide view for the benefit of all
- Align activities across the project to ensure that all areas work together to achieve project objectives
- Bring the best ideas & innovation from all areas to achieve the optimum outcome
- Effective decision making & conflict resolution
- Effective management of stakeholder relationships
- Developing a collaborative project culture in line with Collaborative Working Plan
- Deliver fit for purpose solutions that meets client expectations & needs
- Holding self and others accountable for performance, behaviours & commitments (reward & recognise positive & poor performance)
- Succession planning and development of project management talent
- Delivery of business goals of JV
- Effective, timely decision making
- Maximisation of resource efficiency across project
- Provision of transparent, credible & accurate performance information
- Delivery of key milestones within their areas and the wider project
- Positive stakeholder interactions
To discuss this opportunity further, please send your CV to Katy Moore by clicking Apply Now. Candidates with relevant experience will be contacted shortly after.
To apply for this role please send through your CV for consideration and we will be in touch should your experience match our criteria. Unfortunately due to high volume we will only be able to contact those who have been shortlisted
Warrington, United Kingdom
Engineering / Construction Engineer
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Delivery Manager
Location: Warrington, United Kingdom
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 828299
Posted Date: 22/08/2019