Civil Litigation Lawyer - London , United Kingdom
£203.19 - £273.00
CIVIL LITIGATION LAWYER
Location: Victory House, London
Pay Rate to Candidate: £273 Umbrella / £203.19 PAYE
Full time role, contract
CONTRACT LENGTH 6 MONTHS
To support the litigation team working as one of a team of lawyers in conjunction with lay case managers. The civil litigation case work is varied and wide ranging; it involves both private individuals and public bodies and includes (but is not limited to): claims in negligence (including but not limited to personal injury and clinical negligence), housing possession, challenges by way of judicial review to decisions of public authorities (including in the area of community care), claims on behalf of children for breach of statutory duty by local authorities, displacement applications under s29 Mental Health Act 1983 and applications in connection with the ownership of property or for provision from a deceased’s estate.
- Making decisions about case progression.
- Advising and guiding clerical support.
- Drafting and serving notices and applications to be served on the Tribunal and court. Drafting and sending case correspondence, advising on the contents.
- Checking and serving witness statements.
- Obtaining relevant authorities, Instructing counsel, Attending case conferences, Attending tribunal and court hearings, to assist counsel and case officers in the running of hearings.
- Liaising with departmental clients, counsels, clerks, court officials, appellants, and their professional representatives.
- Experts and other third parties giving information and advice as appropriate.
- Advocacy at routine application hearings.
1) Broad experience of civil litigation, to include a least one (and preferably more) of the areas specified in the brief summary
2) Understanding of costs and legal aid
3) Understanding of mental capacity and the interrelationship with civil litigation
4) Human rights
Useful additional experience:
5) Knowledge of a local authority’s duties and responsibilities toward children
Someone who is able to deal with sensitive information.
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV below. To discuss the role, please contact Katerina at Advantage Resourcing - please note internal reference 828795.
London , United Kingdom
Legal / Legal Executive
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Civil Litigation Lawyer
Location: London , United Kingdom
Job Type: Temp Position
Reference ID: 828795
Posted Date: 10/09/2019