Lead Software Engineer - , United Kingdom
£30,000.00 - £50,000.00
Software Team Lead/ Software Engineers
Advantage Resourcing is seeking candidates to apply for permanent software engineering positions based in Edinburgh with a consultancy organisation working with a defence engineering end client. The organisation is leader in engineering services and they have vacancies for experienced Software Team Lead to provide services to one of their major UK clients who design avionics sensors. There is also positons for Engineers who are not wanting the leadership role, therefore please apply if interested and your application will be considered for the relevant vacancy.
Please note candidates will be required to go through security clearance so please bear this in mind when applying.
Benefits include: Pension scheme, Life Insurance, Progression Opportunities. Working hours will be 37 per week and holidays will be 185 hours prorated.
You will be initially work as a software engineer and be responsible for creating high quality and robust designs and code, this includes documentation and recording results. Further, after gaining domain experience, you will be responsible for the technical leadership and people management of a small team of software engineers.
Skills and Experiences:
- Leadership of a software team in the design and delivery of a complex software solution. Ability to provide technical leadership, guidance and mentoring as necessary.
- Able to work well within a multi-discipline team
- Experience of software project management activities including: software planning, estimation, tracking, and reporting.
- Experience of the full software lifecycle including: Requirements Management, Design, Implementation, Test and Integration.
- C++ is mandatory language
- Confident in Object Oriented Design and UML (Unified Modelling Language)
- Experience of developing software for a real-time embedded environment
- Experience with real time operating systems; VxWorks would be ideal.
- Familiarity with Model Driven Engineering
- Experience in some of: Rhapsody, MatLab/Simulink, DOORS, Dimensions similar tools is beneficial
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum
- Preferred background in Automotive, Rail, Transportation, Aerospace or Defence
Current valid SC clearance would be an advantage
The internal reference number of this vacancy is 829753 Please note that due to the high number of applications it’s not always possible to provide detailed feedback to all candidates, please accept my apologies for this
, United Kingdom
Engineering / Software Engineer
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Lead Software Engineer
Location: , United Kingdom
Job Type: Perm Position
Reference ID: 829753
Posted Date: 05/11/2019