Hardware Requirements Engineer - , United Kingdom
Hardware Requirements Engineer
Permanent or Contract
Advantage Resourcing is delighted to be supporting one of the world’s foremost engineering services companies. Operating across 15 countries and employing more than 12,000 personnel they provide product engineering and lifecycle services to a range of high-tech industries including Aerospace & Defence, Transportation (Auto and Rail), Power and Industrial, Oil & Gas and Medical Devices.
Our client has a growing Electronics, Systems and Software engineering capability in the UK supporting customers in the Aerospace & Defence industry. We are looking for a Hardware Requirements Engineer to support the growth of this team.
Will vary depending on level of experience but main responsibilities may include:
- Capture the Radar sub-system/ hardware design as hardware requirements
- Allocate sub-system level requirements to HWCI’s (Hardware Configurable Items) based on the sub-system architecture
- Requirements capture/management using DOORS
- Support the implementation of hardware level requirements
- Collaboration with systems and software teams to define efficient implementations and optimisations of the radar sub-system design
- Definition of System & hardware interface requirements
Candidates should currently be employed as a Hardware Engineer or Systems Engineer with a hardware background, with experience of sub-system and/or hardware requirements definition, requirements capture/ management, sub-systems/ hardware architecture and interface definition of complex, high-reliability systems. Ideally, we are looking for RF/ Radar systems experience but candidates with experience of other aerospace/ defence applications, space, nuclear, automotive or transportation sectors will be considered.
- Honours degree (BSc/ BEng/ MSc/ MEng) in Electronics Engineering, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or Mathematics
- Sub-systems hardware design experience of complex, high-reliability systems (ideally RF/ Radar systems)
- Experience of sub-system/ hardware level requirements definition & interface definition
- Experience of Requirements Engineering and/ or management
- Ability to generate clear, concise and testable requirements
- Previous experience of Requirements management tools, e.g. DOORS (preferred), Jama, Enterprise Architect, etc.
- Previous experience of RF/ Radar sub-systems/ hardware design
- Generation of sub-system/ hardware architectures
- Experience of defining verification methods for sub-system/ hardware requirements establishing traceability of requirements
- Experience of Verification Matrix definition
- UK/ EU citizenship is mandatory to be able to clear the background checks and obtain SC clearance
All roles and have both permanent and contract opportunities. Salary and benefits/ hourly rates are very competitive and amongst the best in the industry.
If you believe that you have the correct skillset for the role please apply or for a confidential conversation about the role please call Lindsay Cunliffe on 0161 871 8283 and Quote: 832953
, United Kingdom
Engineering / Hardware Engineer
Fixed Term Contract Position
Apply for this Position
Job Title: Hardware Requirements Engineer
Location: , United Kingdom
Job Type: Fixed Term Contract Position
Reference ID: 832953
Posted Date: 15/05/2020