Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit 2x Embedded Software Engineer Subcontractors on an initial 12 month contract. This role will be working onsite fulltime for the first 3 months. After 3 months, the role will be a Hybrid of working from home 1-2 days per week.
This role is looking for candidates with strong experience of Embedded C / C++ and Safety Critical work.
Contract Duration: 12 Months (initially and then ongoing thereafter)
Hourly Rate: £90.00ph (Umbrella)
Software V&V Engineer Job Description:
We are a world leader in missile and missile systems looking for a highly capable and adaptable Verification and Validation Engineer to join our Development Facility in Stevenage, Hertfordshire.
You will be responsible for verifying and validating real-time systems application software for the next generation of Missile Systems. This is a technical hands-on role and will involve designing, implementing Test Cases for safety-critical Actuator subsystem software.
This is a great role for someone with a passion for verifying and validating software and its successful deployment in modern weapon systems. Working with technology that is at the forefront of European missile system design, helping to develop safe, secure and reliable products that our customers can rely on.
Skill Set/ Experience
1. Demonstrable experience of testing hard real time software on Bare-Metal systems.
2. C, C++ Programming experience.
3. Experience authoring Test Specifications, automated Test Scripts and compliance matrices.
4. Good problem-solving capability to investigate software/hardware issues.
5. Experience working on safety critical software (SIL3/4 or DO178C software level B/A).
6. Experience working in a lab environment on an electro mechanical product running embedded software.
7. Desirable tools experience – DOORS, RTC/Git, LDRA and Code Composer Studio.
The right behaviours are important, can-do attitude, proactive and adaptable, concise communicator, process adherence and quality focused.
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.