Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire (Hybrid position of working from home – the department are very flexible on how much time will be required to be onsite) is currently looking to recruit a Cable and Harness Technical Lead subcontractor on an initial 12 month contract.
Hourly Rate: £80.00 (Umbrella)
Contract Duration: 12 Months initially and then ongoing thereafter
Cable and Harness Technical Lead Job Description:
A fantastic opportunity for a Lead Cable and Harness Design Engineer to work within a growing Interconnects team. As the Lead Design Engineer, you will be managing cable/harness work packages across the product range to deliver design solutions for the creation of bespoke cable designs. You will use customer, environmental and technical requirements to define manufacturable solutions delivered on time, on cost and on quality.
You will be responsible for making sure the workload is planned, budgeted correctly and that all design reviews and documentation are held/created at the correct time with the appropriate audience. You will be working with multiple departments and external suppliers to plan, implement, and improve solutions whilst dealing with opportunities and challenges as they arise as an individual and/or part of a team.
What we’re looking for from you:
- Demonstrable experience of managing work packages
- Proven experience of Interconnect/Cable/Harness design
- Any Zuken, E3, Harnware experience would be great
- An appreciation of Interconnect manufacturing process
- We’re looking for someone with a proactive approach who is motivated and has the ability to balance cost, quality and schedule; simultaneously giving due consideration to Design for Manufacture and Design for Test.
- Whilst not essential, it would be great if you can demonstrate an understanding of the product life cycle, Military Defence Standards and cable harness Manufacture (IPC-WHMA-A-620C
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.