Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire (Hybrid position, 1-2 days a week onsite) is currently looking to recruit a Cable, Harness Design Engineer subcontractor on an initial 6 month contract.
Hourly Rate: £60.00 (Umbrella)
Contract Duration: 6 Months initially and then ongoing thereafter
Cable, Harness Design Engineer Job Description:
Cable / Harness Design Engineer to work within our growing Interconnects team designing bespoke electrical interconnects/cables suitable for the transmission of power, signal and data within and between subsystems in our products.
To do this you will need to interpret sub-system requirements and, from these, generate electrical schematics and cable design definitions utilising Zuken E3.
The role also demands the candidate provide assistance, guidance, and issue resolution for E3 users and the ability to utilise & integrate Zuken E3 throughout the product development lifecycle.
Individuals will need to have demonstrable experience in cable/harness design, including:
- A minimum 2-5 years’ experience in the use of E3.Cable and related products (E3.Formboard/ E3.3D Transformer beneficial).
- A proven ability to define, deploy, and refine processes and best practices within E3. – including; electrical topology, wiring schematics and 2D manufacturing drawing processes and standards.
- Proven ability to develop and deliver technical instruction to E3 users.
- Thorough understanding of product data management and change management within Windchill or similar.
- The ability to design cable assemblies based upon electrical constraints such as current, screening, signal types, volt drop, EMC and environmental requirements.
- An appreciation of cable assembly production/process engineering.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience of PTC CREO Cabling would be beneficial.
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.