Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit a Configuration Manager subcontractor on an initial 6 month contract. The role will be a hybrid position of 2-3 days in office, rest of the week remote.
Hourly Rate: £50.00ph (Umbrella)
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Configuration Management is pivotal to the companies success in developing and delivering engineered products to our customers and frontline users. Through the controlled application and compliance of processes, we give our programmes confidence and assurance in all products that we produce.
The department are seeking an experienced Configuration professional with an ability to provide technical support to the Configuration Management team. Your ability to build networks and foster strong relationships with the team to review, develop and deliver Configuration Management processes and procedures, as well as supporting and technically coaching project Configuration Managers to deliver technical excellence contributing towards the overall success of our business programmes.
What we’re looking for
- A proven track record of experience within engineering organisations or operational domains, with a strong technical understanding of a product lifecycle and its key delivery milestones.
- Significant Configuration Manage experience within the Aerospace or Defence industry. Past performance of leading Configuration Management activities on engineering programmes.
- Ability to problem solve, define best practice and build Configuration Management effectiveness in order to successfully control product data across multiple projects, through development and production phases.
- Appreciation of product lifecycle management processes and tools to provide efficient, controlled evolution of product data.
- Passion for coaching and developing others through the sharing and delivery of knowledge, information and best practice.
- Understanding of how to satisfy and compliment external standards through healthy and efficient business processes
- Work transversely across multiple business projects to ensure consistent and comprehensive CM approach.
- Understand individual project status and milestones before coaching required technical practice to support CM deliverables.
- Gain a robust understanding of specific business CM processes before supporting the expression and embedding of these within project.
- Grow CM knowledge and expertise throughout Configuration Management group.
- Work collaboratively with CM Group Lead and CM team members, providing assertive advice and technical direction, whilst fostering a supportive and positive working culture.
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.