Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire (Hybrid position, 1-2 days a week onsite) is currently looking to recruit an Electrical Cable Design Engineer subcontractor on an initial 6 month contract.
Hourly Rate: £38.95 (Umbrella)
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Electrical Cable Design Engineer / Interconnects Design Engineer Job Description:
An opportunity has arisen for an interconnects Design Engineer with drive and enthusiasm to join Europe’s number one missile system provider.
- Creating bespoke cable designs for power, signal & data transmission.
- Interpreting Sub-System requirements to generate electrical schematics and cable design definitions on CAD.
- Carrying out investigations into a full range of cable problems, issues or developments and developing and preparing solutions, individually or as a member of a project team.
- Liaison with manufacturing to resolve manufacturing problems and defects, plus support to functional and environmental trials.
- Cable/Harness design
- Experience on HarnWare or similar CAD package advantageous.
- Product life cycle awareness
- An understanding of Military Defence Standards and cable harness Manufacture (IPC-WHMA-A-620C). D38999 connector understanding.
- Understanding / experience of flexible circuits
- Ability to define cable construction based upon electrical constraints (Current, screening, signal types, volt drop, EMC and environmental requirements)
- Work effectively in collaboration with mechanical, electronic designers and project managers
- An appreciation of Interconnect production/process engineering
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management skills demonstrated by the ability to adapt to evolving requirements and deliver to deadlines.
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.