Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire (hybrid of Working From Home and Onsite) is currently looking to recruit an Electrical Systems Engineer / Architect subcontractor on an initial 12 month contract.
Hourly Rate: Completely Negotiable
Contract Duration: 12 Months initially and then ongoing and long-term thereafter.
Missile Electronic Architect Job Description:
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Electronic Architect to define and develop the technical solutions for the companies high quality, precision product range. As part of the Electronic Engineering function, you will be defining future strategies and roadmaps for all our Electronic Products and solutions based on research and development activities in which you will be actively involved.
Your role will be to define the electronic and electrical architecture of the equipment and the analysis and decomposition to the lower level requirements for the sub-elements that meet challenging customer requirement within the constraints of limited physical space and harsh operating environments.
You will be managing all technical elements of Electronic Equipment’s, working alongside the Engineering Project Manager to ensure the ‘On Time, On Cost, On Quality’ delivery of the technical solution.
Excellent communication skills are essential as you will be regularly interacting with stakeholders and customers. There is also a need for strong influencing skills, leadership skills and the ability to fully understand customers’ needs, focusing on the overall picture. Drive and proactivity are also essential as is the ability to make decisions and be adaptable in an ever-changing and challenging environment.
- Ideally educated to degree level (or an equivalent qualification), with an Electronics bias having obtained substantial experience in the following areas:
- Digital electronics and microprocessor systems
- Power electronics for distributed power networks
- Design of equipment for safety critical environments
- Design of equipment for handling of sensitive customer data
- Understanding of software and firmware development techniques
- Compact packaging and thermal management techniques for complex high performance electronic equipment.
- Systems engineering background
- Whilst not essential, it would also beneficial if you could demonstrate some knowledge of internal computing design covering System on Chip technologies, RF, Signal Processing and Software Defined Radio as well as EMC and Environmental design experience would also be advantageous.
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.