Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit 2x Electronic Test Architect subcontractors on an initial 12 month contract. The role will be a Work from home / onsite split (onsite looking at being 1-2 days onsite).
Hourly Rate: £60ph
Contract Duration: 12 Months initially and then ongoing and long-term thereafter.
Test Architect Job Description:
The department are looking for experienced test equipment engineers that want to use their knowledge in a system/sub system management role. The role includes determining the project test equipment needs, managing the requirements for test equipment and managing the development through delivery and into service. In this role, you will be responsible for the projects test equipment and reporting into the Chief Design Engineer
The department is responsible for the test architecture of our missiles, specifying and analysing the missile built in test, specifying the production testing requirements and managing the specification and delivery of the missile test equipment.
- Responsible for defining and implementing the project test strategy
- Responsible for defining and implementing the project BIT architecture including coverage requirements, BIT timings and system level BIT routines.
- Responsible for specifying the missile factory pass out testing used to ensure correct build of our product, supporting the manufacturing team with identifying the optimal test stages during production.
- Responsible for specifying the in service test routines on our missiles.
- Responsible for generating and managing compliance to the lower level test requirements placed upon design teams including test access needs, BIT coverage/timings and factory test functionality.
- Responsible for analysing and modelling our system to understand the test coverage and generate diagnostic instructions.
- Responsible for proposing and recommending, with the Chief Design Engineer, the cost vs test coverage trade-offs.
- Responsible for producing and maintaining plans for activities within their sphere of responsibility.
Ideally educated to degree level with substantial experience of test, electrical or electronic engineering, ideally including at least one of the following:
- Digital electronics and microprocessor systems.
- Analogue electronics.
- Electronics testing.
- Test equipment design.
Good understanding of:
- Experience in requirements capture.
- Project management and planning.
- Stakeholder management.
- Ability to influence stakeholders across the company.
- Determination and desire to succeed.
- Strong interpersonal and well developed communication skills (written & verbal).
- Willingness to travel when required.
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.