Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit 5x Test Equipment Manager subcontractors on an initial 12 month contract. This will be a hybrid position of working from home and onsite.
This role would suit a candidate who has a strong Electronics Test / Test Equipment background. Defence and Aerospace industry would be great, but not mandatory.
Contract Duration: 12 Months initially and then ongoing.
Hourly Rate: £65.00 per hour
Test Equipment Manager Job Description:
- Responsible for the project test equipment strategy including commonality approach, TE quantities and TE use cases.
- Responsible for the definition of the TE Technical Requirements, soliciting requirements from all stakeholders and managing any conflicting requirements,
- Proposing and recommending to the Chief Design Engineer test trade-offs (coverage vs cost etc).
- Responsible for the TE Statement of Work.
- Responsible for managing any TE Design trades.
- Responsible for managing the delivery of the TE from our internal TE design team. Acting as the sole point of contact between the project and the designers, tracking and reporting on progress and issues.
- Responsible for the delivery of the TE to time, cost and quality.
- Responsible for managing the TE, this includes integration with our facilities, obsolescence and upgrade strategy and continuous improvement of the TE.
Ideally educated to degree level with substantial experience of test, electrical or electronic engineering, ideally including at least one of the following:
* Digital electronics and microprocessor systems.
* Analogue electronics.
* Electronics testing.
* Test equipment design.
Good understanding of…….
* Experience in requirements capture.
* Project management and planning.
* Stakeholder management.
* Ability to influence stakeholders across the company.
* Determination and desire to succeed.
* Strong interpersonal and well developed communication skills (written & verbal).
* Willingness to travel when required.
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.