Description of role:
World Class Aerospace and Defence Organisation based in Filton, Bristol is currently looking to recruit a Fatigue & Damage Tolerance (F&DT) Engineer subcontractor on an initial 6 month contract. The role will be a Hybrid position of 60% onsite.
- Candidate must have aerospace experience and a knowledge of Airbus tools and ways of working.
- ISAMI is highly desirable although prior Airbus tool experience will be reviewed
- Need Airbus experience. 3-5 years experience.
- Wing F & DT experience but not necessarily.
Hourly Rate: £44.00 (Umbrella). Overtime over 35 hours at a premium rate – 25% Mon-Fri and 50% Sat-Sun
Contract Duration: 6 Months initially and then ongoing thereafter
Fatigue & Damage Tolerance (F&DT) Engineer Job Description:
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Fatigue & Damage Tolerance (F&DT) Engineer to support the Wing Analysis Engineering team at Filton.
Are you passionate about structural analysis and design? Are you interested in developing Wing structures? Do you like connecting with people and different organisations?
We are a team of Structural Engineers who are a mixture of technical specialists and engineering leads who are all passionate about finding technical solutions to support AIRBUS products Wings. We have a vast wealth of knowledge and experience within our engineers who can help you grow technically and personally within this role.
Following the recent reorganisation within Airframe, this role now offers more flexibility to work on most of the AIRBUS product Wings; from major developments such as the A321neoXLR and the A350 ULR and Freighter, to cost saving and continuous airworthiness modifications. Our team touches nearly all aspects of the Product Development Plan (PDP) from feasibility studies to certification and occurrences once the product has entered service.
We have a strategy which is strongly focused on continuous individual growth through in-role and classroom learning, cross program experiences and upskilling in areas such as programming, FEM and automation in line with the AIRBUS’ digitalisation targets. All this is to enable a truly flexible workforce which is fully prepared and engaged to take on the development of AIRBUS’ next Wing projects in the future.
The main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- You will support the resolution of F&DT problems through the use of appropriate AIRBUS methods, processes and tools. This will include performing calculations to justify structural performance and creating appropriate documentation.
- You will support the Design and Static stress disciplines with structural sizing and trade studies.
- You will support the generation of Aircraft structures that are innovative and offer benefits to existing products and new incremental development. You will prepare the future product family.
Skills and competences:
- You bring experience and know-how of AIRBUS structures engineering and analytical techniques used for F&DT, such as tools like ISAMI or DAMTOL.
- You will have some knowledge of overall aircraft structural design principles and techniques.
- You studied engineering and have a structural analysis background, particularly fatigue and damage tolerance.
- Working in Airbus implies working in an international environment, as such you shall be able to communicate easily in English. You will work in a diverse and multi-national environment. Other languages and experience of a wide range of cultures is therefore beneficial.
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.