Description of role:
Start: ASAP initially for 9 months with possibility of an extension
Location: Farnborough with some remote working.
Are you an experienced Financial Accountant looking for a hands-on role where you will contribute to moving all accounting activity in-house and introduce new accounting systems for a scaling up manufacturing business who are backed by a Global aerospace engineering giant.
This is a fantastic opportunity to establish new processes to support a growing business. Flexibility and willingness to take on new challenges is essential.
You will work on month end close, regulatory and financial reporting, external audit, budget and forecast preparation.
This role will be reporting to the Head of Financial Control and offers hybrid working, based at Farnborough.
In this ‘hands on’ role you’ll support moving all accounting activity in-house and introduce new accounting systems. You’ll duties will include;
- Financial and GL Accounting
- Lead month-end and year-end close process
- Preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and variance analysis
- Preparation of regulatory reporting & government statistics
- Preparation of VAT & Tax returns
- Support AP, AR & purchase order approvals processes
- Lead external audit activity
- Support accounting for US legal entity
- Support the development and documentation of business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
Your Skills & Experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Prior experience with US GAAP reporting is desirable
- Experience using MS Dynamics or SAP is beneficial
- Previous start up/scale up experience is desirable
Submit your CV now to be considered for this great opportunity supporting a growing UK manufacturing aerospace and telecoms business.
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.