Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation is currently looking to recruit 5x FPGA Design Engineer Subcontractors on an initial 12 month contract. The role can be predominantly worked from home with the flexibility to come onsite when needed (either from the companies Stevenage, Bolton or Bristol sites).
Contract Duration: 12 Months (initially and then ongoing thereafter)
Hourly Rate: Completely Negotiable.
FPGA Design Engineer Job Description:
For this role, we are seeking an FPGA design and verification engineer, to support the development of our growing portfolio of complex FPGA projects. The current portfolio ranges from advanced signal processing systems (Image\Radio), core embedded processing systems, through to safety & security critical systems.
The role involves working at all phases of the FPGA design and verification cycle; hence, the candidate would be responsible some of the following key activities:
- Generating complex FPGA architectures and design implementations (VHDL, Simulink etc), targeting Xilinx, Intel, Microsemi devices.
- Verifying complex FPGA implementations using VHDL and System Verilog\UVM test-bench methodologies.
- Using FPGA design toolsets and Mentor verification tools (QuestaSim & ModelSim).
- Generating low-level software (C) to facilitate FPGA test and integration with the wider embedded system.
- Configuring and Documenting designs to a high professional standard.
- Working as part of a multidiscipline team to deliver complex FPGA based projects.
- Ideally we are looking for candidates that are degree qualified (or equivalent) with significant experience in FPGA development.
- Competent VHDL Language and Design Skills.
- Competent Verification Skills using VHDL and SystemVerilog methodologies
- A deep proven level of experience designing for Xilinx, Intel or Microsemi FPGAs
- Experience of professionally configuring and documenting designs
- Experience of working as part of a large multidiscipline team
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.