Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit a Goods Inwards Inspector subcontractor on an initial 12 month contract.
Contract Duration: 12 Months initially and then ongoing.
Hourly Rate: £23.24ph and then rising to £25.12ph after 12 weeks
Goods Inwards Inspector Job Description:
- The role of the Goods Inwards Inspector is to ensure that goods received from suppliers meet the criteria of the purchase order and are compliant in all respects.
- Verify and accept procured product in line with contractual conditions.
- Practiced in reading and understanding assembly drawings with due regards to dimensional tolerances and machined.
- Examining the finish of all parts to detect faulty finishing or painting, deterioration of surfaces etc. Undertaking first off inspections.
- Produce relevant inspection/quality control documentation.
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the delivered article.
- Ensure inspections times are met.
- Control defect items via segregation from good product. Raise and maintain relevant defect reports.
- Maintain product verification approval process via regular audits. Inspection of PCB
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
- Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
- Contribute to the maintenance of an orderly and safe working environment.
- The successful candidate should be a team player who is able to demonstrate customer focus. They should be adaptable to any work-related processes and working practices.
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21 or HNC. Formal further education certificate to HNC or equivalent certificate.
- SAP literate is desirable.
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.