Description of role:
Central London & Hertfordshire
Advantage Resourcing is with a Global Multi-National company within Petrochemical Industry who are focused on healthy & Green environment, who are applying new solutions to make the world a healthier place. They are actively seeking a full time Group Accountant
The Group Accountant is a member of a team providing consolidated financial information to the Board and Group Leadership Team (GLT) for the purposes of management control and to meet statutory reporting requirements for the Group.
The Group Finance team are responsible for the consolidation and preparation of Group monthly management accounts, annual and half yearly financial statements, and provide support to various other functions for the Group. Numerous projects are also undertaken, mainly relating to acquisitions and disposals of subsidiaries. The consolidation package is controlled and managed by the team.
Reporting to the Group Reporting Manager, principal responsibilities are as follows:
- Produce sections of the monthly Group Operating Report (management accounts) to meet the GLT and Board requirements, ensuring timeliness, accuracy and compliance with group standards.
- Produce reports as required, including information for financial control purposes and for Treasury, Tax and M&A departments.
- Update consolidation adjustment journals.
- Control intercompany eliminations.
- Produce/design reports and seek explanations for variances and assess reasonableness.
- Check accuracy and reasonableness of financial information
- Produce sections of the half and full year consolidated published accounts and related supporting analyses ensuring compliance with group accounting policies, statutory requirements and IFRS. This involves reviewing and analysing submissions from businesses, working collaboratively with the relevant finance teams to investigate unexpected items and liaising with external auditors.
- Prepare statutory accounts for UK subsidiaries mainly under FRS 101.
- Maintain IFRS technical knowledge and provide advice on reporting requirements as required.
- Assist external auditors in their audit
- Assist with sections of the annual group budget where required.
Ad hoc requirements
- Produce ad hoc financial reports and analysis on request and deal effectively with one-off requirements such as those arising from major transactions or changes to the group structure.
The ideal candidate is an ACA-qualified accountant with 1-2 years PQE from Big 4 or FTSE 250 business
If this is of interest, please apply or contact Lindsay on 0161 871 8283 or email: quoting ref nu: 71095
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.