Description of role:
Health & Safety Officer
competitive salary package + public sector benefits
Full-time – Permanent
What will be expected from you:
- Monitor and review policies, practices, and procedures relating to Health & Safety at work and support their implementation within the business areas.
- Supporting local health and safety committees monitoring compliance and taking action to address non-compliance.
- Provide on-site safety advice
- Support the investigation of major workplace accidents
- Support and advise on the system of risk assessments and programme of inspections
- Advise departments with Health and Safety policies when employing contractors
- To assist the Senior Health and Safety Officer and Learning and Development in the provision and delivery of health and safety training.
What we are looking for in you:
- Ideal candidate will hold NEBOSH Diploma; or Level 4 NVQ in Occupational Health and Safety Practice; and actively working towards Chartered status
- A thorough understanding of health and safety and its practical application in the workplace
- Experience in providing Health and Safety advice, preferably within an emergency services environment.
- Experience in reviewing and adapting health and safety policies
- Experience in reconciling legislative compliance with practical workplace activities.
Chartered membership of IOS and NEBOSH
Please Note: Our Client requires workers to be able to achieve the appropriate security clearance relevant to the role.
If you would like further details, please call Kris! on 0161 871 8283 quoting reference 70983
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.