Description of role:
Lead Mechanical Satellite Engineer
Circa £45 per hour
initially 12 Months
1-stage interview (on-site)
Mon-Fri + overtime
Advantage Resourcing is working in partnership with a large engineering company that operates within the aerospace industry and is currently seeking an experienced Lead Mechanical Satellite Engineer who will promote and drive AIT standards ensuring engineering concepts are delivered to the shop floor in a controlled manner. The Lead will also ensure quality and process robustness through the promotion of best practices within the team and between disciplines.
What will you be doing:
* Responsible for the Mechanical Satellite element and lead the mechanical team on an ENS project through individual phases
* Leading a team of AIT engineers on the specific project
* Planning the mechanical team’s activities on a weekly basis (including operations team) and implementing this plan.
* Supporting the use of 3Dx Delmia on the specific project
* Control of all project MGSE, flight & support equipment
* Designing test equipment, overseeing its manufacture, and commissioning
* Mechanical handling of spacecraft, instruments, payloads, solar arrays, antennas etc
* Handling and installation of thermal hardware
* Mechanical integration and testing of electronic units, subsystems and instruments, mechanisms, antennas, etc.
* Plan and control the workload of the AIT team consisting of engineers and technicians
A couple of things you should know:
* Appreciation of satellite integration processes and project phases
* Use of SAP or other ERP System
* Understanding of build documentation and the need for it
* Driving build quality through review of processes and implementation of improvements
* Managing a team during day-to-day activities ensuring work is completed on time and the correct standard
* Controlling and delivery of projects to budget and schedule
* Face-to-face dealings with customers and suppliers
During an interview, you may be asked about:
* Spacecraft Mechanical testing on prime projects
* Leading teams
* Production of MGSE specs and operation of MGSE and flight HW
* Production of high quality documentation (test specs, test plans, test procedures, AIT Plans, DDV plans)
Please note that security checks will be carried out prior to your start date.
If this sounds like you, please apply now or call 0161 519 8368 and ask for Lukas! Reference: 70626
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.