Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Henlow, Bedfordshire is currently looking to recruit 2x Live Build Manufacturing Technician subcontractors on an initial 12 month contract.
This role would suit a candidate who comes from a Mechanical Manufacturing Technician or a Live Build Technician background.
Hourly Rate: £29.57 Umbrella (£400 per week Accommodation Expenses are available)
Contract Duration: 12 Months (initially and then ongoing and long-term thereafter)
Live Build Manufacturing Technician Job Description:
The Live Build Manufacturing Technician will be responsible for carrying out manufacturing, test and inspection tasks within the Live Build Facility, in accordance with product certification procedures, allocated budgets and timescales to meet project objectives.
- Certify the product in line with the product certification procedure.
- Maintain product certification and approval via regular audits.
- Possess a versatile skill base with the capability to apply these skills across a range of tasks.
- Be fully conversant with all equipment, tools and measuring instruments associated with the manufacturing cycle.
- Ensure manufacturing build, inspection and where relevant, test times are met.
- Check and complete all paperwork associated with the manufacturing data pack. Maintain to the highest level, workmanship standards and product quality.
- Ensure compliance with all associated procedures applicable to the manufacturing process.
- The Manufacturing Technician will typically be capable of certifying the product and possess a versatile skill base, with a capability to apply their skills, across a range of tasks utilising equipment and tools, gauges and measuring instruments associated with the production, repair and modification of company products to meet defined build standards and specification requirements.
- Instructions associated with the task to be carried out would normally be documented by Engineering and take the form of Layouts, Schedules and Test Specifications. Equally these requirements may also take the form of a limited documentation set.
- Formal technical engineering/craft apprenticeship to NVQ Level 3/TR23/TR21/ONC.
- Experience in a Manufacturing / Craftsman position. ESD training. Live Build training (will be provided).
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.