Description of role:
Manufacturing Process Engineer
£35.03 ph Umbrella + overtime
We are working with a large engineering company that operates in the Aerospace sector. An opportunity arose for a Manufacturing Process Engineer. The role will suit a person competent in the modification of aircraft supporting both mechanical and electrical systems
Overview of the role:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the manufacturing engineering function supporting the Single Aisle programme. The role is primarily focusing on work preparation to industrialise minor and major modifications for Single Aisle aircraft.
What will be expected from you:
- Translate design intent into the compilation and control of technical instructions and Manufacturing Engineering data
- Deliver detailed work preparation definitions (routings, BOMs, SOIs, STV calculations) for aircraft production.
- Ensure that all work and documentation meets departmental procedural and regulatory requirements.
- Project manage detail manufacture, assembly, test and certification methods, tools and process improvements, including implementation strategies following business requirements.
- Evaluate the capacity of the manufacturing process, enhance as required and recommend changes to the product design standard.
- Provide electrical/mechanical shopfloor support to operations, supply chain and Final Assembly Lines
What we are looking for in you:
- Lean principles
- DPDS/PASS and PDM link systems
- MTM TiCon systems
- Microsoft / Google office tools
- (Training for the above will also be provided for a suitable candidate)
- Manufacturing engineering environment
- Knowledge of aircraft production, and engineering methods and procedures
Please note that security checks will be carried out before the start date.
If this sounds like you, please apply now or call 0161 871 8277 and ask for Kris! Ref: 72055
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.