Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Bolton is currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Project Manager on an initial 12 month contract.
The department are looking for a candidate with a good level of experience of working as a Project Manager, Project Engineer or Project Coordinator. A Defence or Aerospace background would be a nice to have.
Contract Duration: 12+ months initially and then ongoing thereafter
Hourly Rate: £33.00ph (Umbrella)
Manufacturing Project Manager Job Description:
Provide support to the Programme Managers and Manufacturing Management Team to define, plan, direct and deliver the manufacturing projects/contracts against business plan targets through rigorous cost control and schedule adherence. Manage stakeholder interfaces including internal customers and ensure accurate reporting of progress against all aspects of project performance.
Planning, facilitating and providing support to the success of large scale contracts throughout the product life cycle.
* Developing and maintaining key relationships with internal customers and key subcontractors.
* Ensuring accurate reporting of progress against all aspects of project performance and interpreting requirements back to manufacturing.
* Assisting in the preparation and maintenance of contract risk and opportunity plans/budgets.
* Communicating consolidated project/programme requirements to a multi-disciplined team to safeguard deliveries.
* Playing a key role in tendering/bidding activities associated with the successful acquisition of future business.
* Experienced Project Manager with a proven track record in the delivery of fixed cost programmes, of significant value, within a matrix organisation. Experience within an engineering or production environment would be of preference.
* A natural communicator, able to build strong relationships, with experience in driving multi-functional teams and delivering to tight time-scales.
* Enthusiastic, pro-active and tenacious individual who can prioritise and understand strategic business needs as well as managing the day-to-day tactical decisions.
* Experience in the application of Project Management skills at assistant level in a relevant business environment.
Skills and Experience:
Experienced Project Manager with a proven track record in the delivery of fixed cost programmes, of significant value, within a matrix organisation. Experience within an engineering or production environment would be of preference.
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.