Manufacturing Project Manager Industrial Transfer & Offload
Job Reference: BBBH70459
Posted by: Carl Delaney
Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Bolton is currently looking to recruit a Manufacturing Project Manager Industrial Transfer & Offload subcontractor on an initial 12 month contract. The role will be a hybrid position of working 50/50 onsite and from home.
The department are looking for an experienced Project Manager with a proven track record in the delivery of fixed cost programmes, of significant value, within a matrix organisation. Experience within an engineering or production environment would be of preference.
Hourly Rate: £33ph (Umbrella)
Contract Duration: 12 Months (initially and then ongoing and long-term thereafter)
Manufacturing Project Manager Industrial Transfer & Offload Job Description:
- Generation of Manufacturing Bids for Industrial Transfer packages of work, ensuring they are competitive, compliant and are in line with all business and commercial criteria.
* Deliver Industrial Transfer projects or sub-projects, ensuring they are delivered to agreed time, budget and quality. Regularly reviewing and reporting on progress and, where necessary, intervening to resolve issues so that the project is delivered to plan. Ensuring accurate reporting of progress against all aspects of project performance and interpreting requirements back to manufacturing.
* Lead the Manufacturing Offload Process, supporting Manufacturing Functions and project teams in the identification of Offload Opportunities. Working close with Procurement Functions (ISP-S and MEP) in the identification of suitable Offload suppliers. Generating Business Cases to support the Offload Opportunities and ensuring governance to the process is adhered to.
* Lead the implementation of Manufacturing Industrial Policy / Strategy, ensuring it aligns with the New Business Pipelines and Technology Roadmaps.
* Manage stakeholder interfaces including internal customers and ensure accurate reporting of progress against all aspects of project performance
* Support the New Business Team in the identification of new business opportunities and the development of approaches to winning the business.
* Participate in developing, maintaining and modifying manufacturing processes and procedures in assigned areas in accordance with relevant standards, best practice and developing needs.
* Collect, summarise and present information or data, carrying out pre-defined analyses and ensuring completeness and accuracy, and provide it to others for use in decision-making.
* Actively participates in Functional & Strategic Change activities, support best practice & functional excellence.
- Skills / Experience:
- Experienced Project Manager with a proven track record in the delivery of fixed cost programmes, of significant value, within a matrix organisation. Experience within an engineering or production environment would be of preference.
* Enthusiastic, pro-active and tenacious individual who can prioritise and understand strategic business needs as well as managing the day-to-day tactical decisions
* Experience in the application of Project Management skills at assistant level in a relevant business environment
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.