Description of role:
Mechanical Engineer (Satellites and payloads)
Circa £35 per hour +20% shift allowance
initially 12 Months
1-stage interview (on-site)
Mon-Fri shifts + overtime
Advantage Resourcing is working in partnership with a large engineering company that operates within the aerospace industry and is currently seeking an experienced Mechanical Engineer who will provide AIT Mechanical Engineering support involving writing processes, plans, and procedures in 3D Experience to produce Satellites and payloads. You will also be supporting hardware assembly on the Satellite such as black boxes, Solar Array, and structure panels.
What will you be doing:
* Support to the customisation phase starting at the project kick-off.
* Support in the creation of documentation required for the production phases.
* Contribute to design for manufacture.
* Lead the installation of Satellite appendages and applicable integration flows and preparation.
* Support the definition of MGSE for use on the Satellite and support procurement activities.
* Oversee unit installation activities on the Satellite.
* Support quality reviews, conduct PFMEA and Root Cause Analysis
* Support in the creation of re-work instructions based on project requirements and identify parts and tooling required to carry them out.
* Design of tooling / build aids for assembly execution
* Training module creation and maintenance.
* Produce new processes, undertake process improvement and maintenance, and monitor process implementation in operations.
A couple of things you should know:
* Writing Procedures and process control.
* Good planning skills and process competence (MRP system experience an advantage).
* Knowledge and experience in the production of high-quality documentation (test specs, test plans, test procedures, AIT Plans, DDV plans).
During an interview, you may be asked about:
* Satellite Appendage installation process (Solar Array, reflectors, antennas, deployable systems).
* Your previous experience with payload builds
Please note that security checks will be carried out prior to your start date.
If this sounds like you, please apply now or call 0161 519 8368 and ask for Lukas! Reference: 70625
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.