Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Henlow, Bedfordshire is currently looking to recruit a MRP Controller / Production Planner Subcontractor on an initial 12 month contract. This role will be a hybrid role with 4 days a week onsite.
This role would suit a candidate who has a Defence / Aerospace background working as a MRP Controller, Materials Resource Planner, Controller Production Planner, Logistics Coordinator, Production Planner, Supply Chain Coordinator, Project Coordinator or Materials Controller.
Contract Duration: 12 Months (initially and then ongoing thereafter)
Hourly Rate: £24.55ph (Umbrella)
MRP Controller / Production Planner Job Description:
The MRP Controller will be primarily responsible for the day-to-day management of existing and future manufacturing schedules, delivering Logistics Management activities and to ensure customer programmes are met in a timely manner.
The MRP Controller would typically report into a senior member of the Manufacturing Planning & Control team.
- Responsible for the management and co-ordination of all planning related activities to deliver the Manufacturing Planning Schedule (MPS) to time, cost and quality. With the following main specific responsibilities: –
- Co-ordination and execution of all activities related to the planning and procurement of materials. Ensuring the timely and adequate supply of materials so manufacturing can output the Master Production Schedule (MPS).
- Release, manage and schedule all work in the MRP system, and ensure delivery forecasts are maintained and communicated to customers.
- Ensure efficient and affective material inventories in line with inventory targets whilst minimising excess waste and costs. Maintain accuracy of the MRP system by conducting regular stock checks.
- Work closely with the Supply Planner to communicate potential plan changes and resolve constraints in the supply chain.
- Identify risks related to supplied parts to the planning and control team lead for escalation within the sales and ops process.
- Work closely with Goods Receiving, stores and despatch (Logistic Services) to manage inventory levels, resolve queries, maintain MRP system accuracy and ensure the required paperwork is submitted for stores and despatch related transactions.
- Support effective non-conformance management controls.
- Maintain the manufacturing bill of materials and manufacturing strategy by ensuring master data is topical.
- Support the achievement of schedule adherence, inventory and delivery KPIs through the execution of the planning process.
- Relevant experience in Manufacturing planning, Supply chain management or a related position.
- APICs supply chain certification desirable but not essential to the role.
- Experience in the use of SAP would be beneficial.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office and MRP systems.
- Good Planning and organising skills.
- Communication skills both verbally and in writing.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Attention to detail
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.