Description of role:
Leek Wootton, Warwickshire (Hybrid)
The main purpose of the role is to act as a key figure in the Strategy and Architectural team based in Digital Services function.
This role is responsible for the efficient and effective build, maintenance of new network infrastructure (virtual or physical) to ensure the needs of our client are met.
The role will assist in creating a culture of perpetual challenge and continuous improvement in the delivery of internal and third-party services.
- Support and maintain our clients network infrastructure at all times with it be the day-to-day operational running or during the planning, design, development and documentation of new technical solutions.
- To ensure that the network meets all the relevant industry/national /legislative /compliance standards and demonstrates consistency of implementation.
- To ensure the network meets the business requirements and digital strategy, leveraging industry standard as much as possible. Identifying risks and providing mitigations options for these to the delivery team.
- Responsible for impact analysis and quality assurance of modifications to existing systems to support new solutions.
- To be commercially astute on infrastructure design, perpetually focussed on the ‘service vs cost’ balance and take personal ownership, fully understanding and acting upon situations that require the pursuit of purpose over process.
- To build and maintain relationships with the Managed Service Provider and other suppliers (including police forces with whom we collaborate) with a stake in our reporting solutions.
- Substantial knowledge of Cisco, Avaya telephony, Azure, AWS, zScaler, SolarWinds and sentinel gained through significant experience in similar size organisations.
- Strong Knowledge of SD Wan, VLAN Azure vWan.
- Strong Knowledge of Static and Dynamic routing.
- Successful in applying industry best practice with a knowledge of ISO 20000 (Service Management) and ITSM.
- Demonstrate experience of supporting, building and maintain physical and virtual infrastructure in a similar large complex multi-faceted organisation.
- Strong focus on ICT technologies and operational service delivery.
If you are interested and keen to find out more, please apply with your updated CV and reach out to Tom Johnson on 01612911458
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.