Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire (2 days a week onsite and the rest working from home) is currently looking to recruit a Procurement Support Subcontractor on an initial 12 month contract.
This role would suit a candidate who comes from a background of working in a role such as; Procurement Officer, Purchasing Officer, Procurement Administrator, Logistics, Purchasing Administrator etc.
Contract Duration: 12 Months (initially and then ongoing thereafter)
Hourly Rate: £27.43ph (Umbrella)
Procurement Support Job Description:
Focal point for working with the CSS Spares and Repairs Team in the organisation and the management of customer repairs and spares procurement based upon the requests made by internal project teams.
Supplier assessment, adherence to open order books, supplier communications to ensure on time deliveries, communication/solutions provision for delayed deliveries and measuring/feedback on supplier performance.
* Responsibilities include processing of electronic and manual requisitions.
* Use of SAP to raise request for quotations (RFQ)
* Creating Excel spread sheets to assess the data to aid supplier selection process.
* Raising of purchase orders within SAP.
* Progressing of orders to ensure on time delivery to the internal customers.
* Purchase order amendment in line with changing delivery forecasts post order acknowledgment.
* Maintain dialogue with internal customer to ensure topical delivery forecast are maintained.
* Holding & supporting business operational reviews
* Liaise with both Bought Ledger and vendors to resolve Invoice queries and enable timely and accurate payments.
* Data cleansing of SAP to ensure accurate data collection.
* Quality assessment and measurement of suppliers. Distribution of monthly reports to vendors and ensuring correct reason codes are annotated, enabling accurate reports for delivery and quality purposes.
* Proactive approach flexible self-starter
* IT Literate – Must be able to use Microsoft Office (Word; Power Point; Excel; Outlook) to a proficient level. (A working knowledge of SAP is an advantage.)
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.