Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Bolton, Lancashire is currently looking to recruit 5x Production Test Engineers – Electronics subcontractors on an initial 12 month contract. Hybrid working from home is available, with a minimum of 3 Days onsite.
The department are keen to hear from candidates from a background with Electronics, RF, Microwave skills or candidates that have strong Test, Diagnostics, Repair Engineering skills.
Hourly Rate: £37.00ph (Umbrella). (An accommodation allowance of £400 per week is available for those who live outside a 30 mile radius of the Bolton site)
Contract Duration: 12 Months (initially and then ongoing and long-term thereafter)
Production Test Engineer – Electronics Job Description:
- Production Test and Diagnostics of Complex weapons at System and Subsystem level.
- Test of complex electronic equipment, and diagnosis of production test failures down to component level. Identification of corrective action, in a timely manner allowing Manufacturing to continue production in line with programme.
- Technical support to Test Operators to facilitate the efficient throughput of Prime hardware during production.
- Assessment of related Test Equipment issues, directing support services to resolve equipment failures. Evaluation of Technical problems in order to develop proposals for investigations and corrective actions, including process improvements.
- Test Engineering representative at Defect Review Board meetings to ensure efficient progress of equipment and quality notifications towards corrective action.
Skills and Experience Required:
- HNC/HND (Electronics) Level of Qualifications or equivalent, plus substantial level of experience in Digital and Analogue Electronics Manufacture and Test.
- A good understand of measurement and test principles, and equipment.
- An understanding of RF and Microwave technology at subsystem level would be an advantage. Good Planning and Organising skills.
- Communication skills; the ability to communicate both verbally and in writing. Analytical and problem solving skills. Attention to detail. Manual handling training. ESD training.
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.