Description of role:
10 month contract
London (Hybrid: x2 days per week on-site)
Amazing opportunity to join a global powerhouse in the energy market – If you are passionate about software development & quantitative models.. THIS IS THE ROLE FOR YOU!!
As part of an IT product development team, you will work closely with traders and quant analysts to productionise their models into software applications, to help support our clients trading decisions, in line with best practice software engineering processes and architecture patterns.
You will develop software applications in Python to transform, scale and productionise a range of quantitative financial models which leverage our clients Azure platform, working as part of a product development team in support of front office quant analysts for gas and power trading.
This is primarily a software engineering role, but also requires the ability to understand and code complex mathematical models to support trading decisions. You will work closely with analysts to productionise their models and integrate them in the cloud (Azure) model framework.
A scientific/logical mindset is essential to be able to collaborate effectively with analysts and quants as well as strong foundations in core programming languages, including Python. We expect you to be skilled in technologies and practices such as application design, testing, deployment, cloud technologies, source control technologies, CI/CD, etc.
- Productionise quant models into software applications, ensuring robust day to day operation, monitoring and back testing are in place
- Translate trader or quant analyst’s need into software product requirements
- Prototype and implement data pipelines
Qualifications & experience required
- 5+ years work experience as software developer, with at least 2 years productionizing and releasing quantitative models.
- Degree level in STEM, computer science, engineering, mathematics, or a relevant field of applied mathematics.
- Good understanding of Trading terminology and concepts (incl. financial derivatives), preferably gained from experience working in a Trading of Finance environment.
- Expert in core Python with Python scientific stack / ecosystem (incl pandas, NumPy, SciPy, stats), and a second strongly typed language (e.g.: C++, Rust or Java).
- Skilled in application design, security, release, testing and packaging.
- Experience with SQL / no-SQL databases, data pipeline orchestration tools.
- Experienced in Source Control Technologies (incl GitHub, Azure DevOps), CI/CD and Test Automation.
If you are available and keen to find out more, please apply with your updated CV and reach out to Tom Johnson – Ref: 72146
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.