Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit a RF Digital Waveform Design Engineer / RF Design Engineer on a 12 Month contract.
Hourly Rate: £55.00ph
Contract Duration: 12 Months initially and then ongoing thereafter.
RF Design Engineer Job Description:
This role is to work on a new seeker with a fast paced programme within a dynamic team to develop high speed circuits. This requires an engineer with broad skills in mixed-signal electronic design with an appreciation of radar systems and also good understanding of programmable devices (FPGAs/CPLDs). The engineer must have a high degree of enthusiasm and a determination to deliver products to the right standard within the required timescales.
- Rapid design and development of analogue & high-speed digital circuits which will be used in multimode seeker applications
- Perform development test and integration activities on circuits and sub-assemblies in accordance with all relevant processes, standards and requirements
- Produce and maintain test documentation associated with seeker hardware, including specifications, development test schedules and test result sheets.
- Interact with internal customers and suppliers to understand circuit design requirements, volume constraints and environmental specifications so that the final design is compliant with the overall requirements
- Oversee the transition of development hardware into series production, including robustness testing and qualification testing
- Perform technical investigations to provide data for problem assessment, design improvements and support development of solutions to technical issues
- Provide technical advice and assistance in to engineering manager
Candidates must have experience of the following;
- Analogue & High-speed Digital Circuit Design
- Design, Simulation & Layout using Zuken
- FPGA/CPLD Circuit Design and Simulation using Xilinx ISE, Vivado, Libero, and others
- Perform design proving test and trials in laboratory
- Diagnose hardware problems using various methods; e.g. visual inspection, signal/data analysis in design
- Knowledge of mixed signal board techniques
- Awareness of manufacturing techniques and capabilities
- Appreciation of mechanical design & module packaging
- Clear understanding of engineering tools, processes and procedures
- Be conversant with design tools including Zuken, Orcad, LTSpice, and others
- Be able to write high quality test requirements and test reports
- Consistent ability to deliver required output within agreed timescales
- Ideally degree qualified or equivalent with modules relating to RF or electronics
- Essential to have some experience of product lifecycles from concept through to production.
- Essential be to be able to produce high quality written reports
- Desirable to have radar experience with hardware implementation
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.