Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit an RF Microwave Design Engineer subcontractor on an initial 12 month contract. The role will be working onsite 3x days a week and 2x days a week from home.
Hourly Rate: £65ph
Contract Duration: 6 Months (initially and then ongoing and long-term thereafter)
RF Microwave Design Engineer Job Description:
This role is to work on a new seeker with a fast paced programme within a dynamic team. The engineer must have a high degree of enthusiasm and a determination to deliver products to the right standard within the required timescales.
The candidate shall:
Design active mixed signal RF/microwave modules (including transmitters, receivers, synthesisers) for RF seekers.
Interact with internal customers and suppliers to develop circuits to requirements including cost, volume constraints and environmental specifications.
Prove designs meet requirements by creating and testing to test specifications.
Provide technical support to existing designs, support production failures in the factory, solve obsolescence issues.
Candidates must have experience of the following;
1. Active microwave, RF and analogue circuit design including simulation and layout using ADS (or similar) design tools.
2. Awareness of high-speed digital electronics and FPGA circuit design.
3. Ability to perform design proving test and trials in laboratory.
4. Ability to test and diagnose hardware problems using standard and specialist test equipment such as VNAs.
5. Working with electronics design teams to transfer schematics into layouts for mixed signal circuit boards.
6. Fully conversant with manufacturing techniques and capabilities including design for manufacture and test.
7. Ability to develop IDDs for designs, assess thermal management and component de-rating,
8. Understanding of and use of engineering tools, processes and procedures to publish designs, record compliance against requirements, identify and resolve non-conformances.
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.