Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation is currently looking to recruit an RF Systems Design Engineer Subcontractor on an initial 12 month contract. The role will be a hybrid of working from home (at least 3 days per week) and either the companies site in Stevenage, Bristol or Bolton (depending on your preference).
Contract Duration: 12 Months (initially and then ongoing thereafter)
Hourly Rate: £85ph
RF System Design Engineer Job Description:
The EW Group supports activities on relevant weapon system and missile programmes, with specific responsibilities for the design of the RF System, working with the missile systems team to support the integration of RF Equipment into the missile.
The EW group is ideally looking for a person who exhibits / holds a range of the following qualities / experience:
* Knowledge of RF Systems, ideally in a EW context or a similar application (e.g. comms or radar systems)
* Strong technical understanding of RF/ Microwave and electronic systems, algorithm design and implementation
* System design engineering skills including: requirements elicitation, decomposition and management; system design, integration and test; system verification and validation
* Proficient in one or more of the following systems design toolsets (e.g. SysML, DOORS and/or Rhapsody).
* EW tactics and techniques
* Knowledge and understanding of Integrated Air Defence Systems
* System level RF modelling, with the use of tools such as MATLAB and Simulink
* Antenna design and / or EM modelling
* Experience in supplier management (typically undertaken with the support of a Procurement Lead)
* Work package and project management, with the ability to manage schedule, cost, quality and performance metrics
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.