Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Bristol is currently looking to recruit an RF Systems Engineer Subcontractor on an initial 6 month contract. The role will be 4 days a week on site, 1 day remote (the role can also be worked on a 4-day week basis, Monday to Thursday)
Contract Duration: 6 Months (initially and then ongoing thereafter)
Hourly Rate: £80.00ph (Umbrella)
RF Systems Engineer Job Description:
The Data Link Systems department is responsible for the systems design of the Data Link that maintains communication with a missile product as it completes it mission. The Stat Link systems team require an RF systems engineer to support work on the Sea Venom program.
Sea Venom is a helicopter launched anti Corvette/FIAC weapon system consisting of platform equipment and missile effector. The weapon system is a joint UK/French development; it will be installed on the Wildcat Helicopter for the UK and is expect to be installed on the French Guepard helicopter.
The Sea Venom data link provides a secure 2 way RF link to up to 4 missiles in-flight enabling image downlinks, aim point refinement, abort commands as well as target location updates. The data link comprises of:
- Missile Terminal and antenna
- Platform (Helicopter) Terminal with an active antenna enabling 360deg (in azimuth) beam pointing capability.
Data Analysis & Verification
- Conduct ad hoc tests to support the generation of evidence
- Analyse test logs, summarise and document to support verification activities
- Review verification evidence to enable acceptance
- Work non-compliances and sign off to support Certificate of Design deliveries
- Execute tests, record results and raising non-conformances and queries.
- Produce the design certification documentation to support delivery of the products into service.
- RF Systems Engineering
- Testing of RF Systems with formal recording of results
- Creation of certification documentation
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.