Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage is currently looking to recruit 2x Security Vetting Support Officer / Security Controller Subcontractors on an initial 12 month contract. The role will be 2 days onsite and 3 days from home.
Contract Duration: 12 Months (initially and then ongoing thereafter)
Hourly Rate: £26.10ph
Security Controller / Vetting Officer Job Description:
An exciting opportunity has arisen to work within the dynamic and vibrant environment of security vetting. This is a crucial area of the business which supports the delivery of security cleared personnel. You will be part of a highly motivated and progressive team who are the first layer of security in ensuring any personnel risks are identified and managed.
- Support Recruitment in obtaining security clearances and checks for all new employees.
- Supporting with the management of confidential and complex vetting enquiries.
- Be point of contact for vetting issues/problems.
- Liaise with UKSV and other external agencies when appropriate.
- Work with external IT platform to obtain and update security clearances.
- Provide support to areas of Security Services.
- Lead on departmental projects for successful implementation to meet deadlines.
- In addition, you will be required to support the Personnel Security Manager in the successful implementation of the Vetting Strategy. Your role will be diverse and fast-paced as you support the department and business in achieving its objectives and reducing risk to the organisation.
- Experience of HMG BPSS and UKSV vetting processes
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to work under pressure and prioritise work as required
- Professional meticulous approach, with a keen eye for detail
- Experienced on the use of electronic Vetting Databases and multi IT platforms
- Experience and knowledge of MOD and defence industry
- Relevant vetting and Personnel Security experience or qualification
- Awareness and knowledge of recruitment and on boarding processes for defence industry
- Personnel Security awareness for the ongoing aftercare of security cleared staff
- Presentational experience for the delivery of training
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.