Description of role:
Senior Business Case Author
Location London / Manchester
Hybrid with 8 days per month in either London OR Manchester
We are looking for a highly capable Business Case Managers to produce a range of business cases working in the CoE and reporting into the Director of Business Case Development. HMT Green Book principles and bringing to bear the considerable experience gained from considering, evaluating and implementing changes to operating models.
Drafting and securing approval of, complex, multi million pound, Treasury Green book business cases, on a first pass basis, enabling our client to achieve its objectives while demonstrating a structured approach and astute commercial thinking, as part of demonstrating value for money.
- Breaking down complex problems to understand the core problem statement; identifying appropriate delivery strategies; developing cost models and multi-criteria decision analysis; ascertaining a robust baseline for the measurement of benefits; expert planning skills with the ability to map out critical dependencies and constraints.
- Building financial models that capture the costs, benefits, risks, optimism bias and net present values for options in the Economic Case and the funding requirements for the Financial Case.
- Performing sensitivity analyses on model inputs to simulate scenarios that have the potential to impact project outcomes.
- Lead business case briefings and reviews with senior stakeholders, addressing any feedback and implementing changes with the goal of achieving business case approval.
- Coordinate with the Customer Engagement team and Regulatory Affairs to build customer understanding and support for business case recommendations.
- Support the company with external stakeholder engagements, such as with DESNZ and Ofgem, where required.
Skills and Experiences Essential
- 5-10 years experience of producing high-quality, multi-million pound, complex business cases, with fluency across all areas of HMT’s 5 Case Model.
- Developing accurate financial models for financial risk assessment, affordability and scenario analysis, working with business owners to capture and record modelling assumptions for the financial case.
- Understand and develop economic models for Optimism Bias, Sensitivity Analysis, net present value, and other econometric and statistical modes dependent on the proposal.
- Excellent communication, influencing and stakeholder management skills, and an ability to communicate confidently and effectively with customers and internal stakeholders.
Skills and Experiences Desirable
- Experience of working within the energy, IT, or telecoms sector, and familiarity with operating in a complex technology environment.
- Experience of UK energy sector and the smart metering programme.
- Experience of working with Government and with Industry Regulators.
- Experience in public sector procurement or certification in a relevant business case qualification such as Better Business Cases.
If t his is for you, please contact Lindsay on 0161 871 8283 or email quoting Ref 71298
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.