Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire (Hybrid working with an expectation to be onsite 2-3 days per week) is currently looking to recruit a Senior Configuration Engineer subcontractor on an initial 6 month contract.
Hourly Rate: £45ph Umbrella
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Senior Configuration Engineer Job Description:
Supporting a dynamic team of 30 + Configuration specialists across multiple products, packages and life cycles in a multi-national environment.
The Senior Configuration Engineer is responsible for supporting the Configuration Manager of any given Project, including responsibility for the Product definition and/or Configuration Management of a minor project or major parts of a project. Tasks will require a level of initiative and require a high concern for order and quality to maintain the integrity of all elements which constitute the design of products.
- Excellent Team Spirit and ability to work as part of a team and add value through contribution.
- High level of knowledge regarding principles of Configuration Management and the application of these within and demanding yet professional engineering environment.
- High concern for order and quality
- The ability to build rapport with stakeholders as well as positively promote the Configuration Management group through supportive and pro-active approach with internal customers.
- Awareness of relevant internal and external customer requirements and standards.
- Reflection of engineering input, through the engineering change process, into the design definition / structure, utilising the company PLM tool Windchill.
- Managing, on behalf of project, the correct design definitions for potentially multiple product variants. Successfully implementing engineering changes against the appropriate instances.
- Review of engineering changes for respective project to ensure business process is applied and approbation controls laid out by projects are adhered to. Acceptance or Rejection of changes as appropriate.
- Comprehensive and timely preparation for Configuration Meetings. Provision of data to Configuration Manager and project team against agreed timescales ahead of associated meetings.
- Ensure control of project design definitions are adhered to across the development, production and in-service phases to provide comprehensive status accounting information to customer
- Support and guidance to project areas with regards to applicable Engineering Change methodologies appropriate to the product or equipment lifecycle. Engineering changes processes agreed, documented and in practice.
Please note that security checks will be carried out before the start date.
If this sounds like you, please apply now or call 0161 871 8283 or email quoting Ref Nu 71252
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.