Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit a Senior Configuration Engineer subcontractor on an initial 6 month contract. The role will be a hybrid position of 2-3 days in office, rest of the week remote.
Hourly Rate: £42ph Umbrella
Contract Duration: 6 Months
Supporting a dynamic team of 30 + Configuration specialists across multiple products, packages and life cycles in a multi-national environment.
The Senior Configuration Engineer is responsible for supporting the Configuration Manager of any given Project, including responsibility for the Product definition and/or Configuration Management of a minor project or major parts of a project. Tasks will require a level of initiative and require a high concern for order and quality to maintain the integrity of all elements which constitute the design of products.
- Excellent Team Spirit and ability to work as part of a team and add value through contribution.
- High level of knowledge regarding principles of Configuration Management and the application of these within and demanding yet professional engineering environment.
- High concern for order and quality
- Excellent Communication Skills – Verbal, Written, Electronic, across all levels
- The ability to build rapport with stakeholders as well as positively promote the Configuration Management group through supportive and pro-active approach with internal customers.
- Pro-active, flexible and enthusiastic
- Ability to plan and deliver own workload.
- Awareness of relevant internal and external customer requirements and standards.
- High degree of IT literacy
- Reflection of engineering input, through the engineering change process, into the design definition / structure, utilising the company PLM tool Windchill.
- Managing, on behalf of project, the correct design definitions for potentially multiple product variants. Successfully implementing engineering changes against the appropriate instances.
- Review of engineering changes for respective project to ensure business process is applied and approbation controls laid out by projects are adhered to. Acceptance or Rejection of changes as appropriate.
- Provision of draft Configuration Management document updates to the project Configuration Manager ahead of the appropriate review period.
- Comprehensive and timely preparation for Configuration Meetings. Provision of data to Configuration Manager and project team against agreed timescales ahead of associated meetings.
- Ensure control of project design definitions are adhered to across the development, production and in-service phases to provide comprehensive status accounting information to customer
- Working relationships with key stakeholders established. Focal point of contact for day-to-day activities with project and engineering teams
- Support and guidance to project areas with regards to applicable Engineering Change methodologies appropriate to the product or equipment lifecycle. Engineering changes processes agreed, documented and in practice.
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.