Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit a Software Engineer C/C++ / Linux / Real Time subcontractor on an initial 6 month contract. This role can be worked on a 4 day week basis, working onsite.
Skills being sought…..C++, LINUX & REAL TIME (IN THAT ORDER OF PRIORITES).
Contract Duration: 6 Months initially and then ongoing.
Hourly Rate: £60.00ph (Umbrella)
Software Engineer C/C++ / Linux / Real Time Job Description:
You would be part of a small, multi-skilled team, doing complex technical work and experiencing a wide variety of technologies and engineering disciplines. The UK HWIL team is part of a wider, integrated, international HWIL team conducting similar activities in France and Italy, where sharing of knowledge, tools and techniques is strongly promoted.
Hardware In The Loop (HWIL) work is predominantly ‘hands on’ with real missile equipment and sophisticated test facilities. The role of the team involves designing, developing and using closed loop HWIL simulations to investigate and prove the behaviours and performance of products over a range of different conditions to ensure high confidence in the operation of our products. HWIL testing forms a critical part of the missile design and development cycle, where testing is focussed on understanding and investigating product characteristics and behaviours, often with prototype equipment and cutting-edge technologies, not simply testing on a production line.
- This role focuses on design, implementation and support to software items used within the HWIL facility. These software items vary between software to control mathematical models with input/output interfaces in real time through to software for performing data analysis and visualisation.
- This role will also provide the opportunity to work ‘hands on’ with sophisticated test equipment and missile hardware. Unlike many COTS real time Hardware in the Loop software products, Company produces its own Linux PC based toolsets as our needs go well beyond any COTS products currently available.
- Strong ability and experience of software development, ideally using C, C++ or similar
- Experience developing within the Linux environment.
- Be pro-active and be capable of working on their own initiative with minimum supervision
- Able to work with varied engineering teams
- Experience of Integrating hardware and software.
- Experience with multi-threaded software products.
- Experience of driver level software development.
- Experience using Matlab/Simulink
- Understanding of real time computing systems
- Understanding of mathematical modelling concepts
- Ability to visualise and analyse complex systems
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.