Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire is currently looking to recruit a Systems Modelling Engineer subcontractor on an initial 12 month contract. The role will likely be 3x days onsite and the rest working remote from home.
This role would suit a candidate who comes from a strong Simulation and Modelling background and/or Systems Engineering background (with experience in Matlab / Simulink)
Contract Duration: 12 Months initially and then ongoing.
Hourly Rate: £60.00ph (Umbrella)
Systems Modelling Engineer Job Description:
We are looking for a modeller to produce models of the seeker RF Radar. The model includes the seeker hardware, digital processing and target environment. The modelling team is responsible for developing the model, producing auto-code, generating seeker performance predictions and interfacing the seeker model into the missile dynamic reference model.
- Modelling in Matlab and Simulink using model-based design techniques
- Producing parts of a complex Seeker model including modelling the target scenario, seeker hardware and processor algorithms
- Develop and implement algorithms within the model
- Producing and verifying auto-code for the software algorithms from the model
- Carrying out seeker performance assessment
- Producing a simpler representation of the model for use in the missile model
- Optionally updating the legacy Seeker model in Statemate
- Documenting the model changes and creating test vectors
Skillset / experience required:
- Modelling for auto-coding
- Assessing suitability of algorithms in the model
- Aptitude for converting an algorithm into a Simulink model (desirable)
- Familiarity with Radar and Control Systems (desirable)
- Familiarity with Digital Signal Processing (desirable)
- RF experience (desirable)
- Technical report writing
- Model delivery experience
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.