Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage and Bristol is currently looking to recruit a number of Systems Design Engineer subcontractors on an initial 12 month contract. The role will be hybrid working from home and onsite in Stevenage. Your base site can be either Stevenage or Bristol, depending on your preference. The role will be a mixture of working from home (20% and onsite 80%).
Contract Duration: 12 Months initially and then ongoing thereafter
Hourly Rate: £70ph (Umbrella)
Systems Design Engineer Job Description:
The role is for a Systems Design Engineer to work on a project which is developing, building and testing real hardware for a key missile sub-system. The role is to design the architecture and to develop the technical requirements for a seeker.
- Provide support to integration and testing teams in capturing test requirements and plans in DOORS
- Flow-down of system requirements to subsystem requirement specifications
- Define and maintain design justification record providing linkage from system requirements to subsystem requirements
- Defining algorithms in firmware and software
- Development of system-level test sequences
- Liaise with subsystem teams, to ensure design proposals take into account existing design constraints
- Model Based System Engineering (MBSE) – increasingly adopted within MBDA’s System Engineering domain
- Supporting safety, security and reliability aspects of projects
- Support customer working groups as required
Due to the sensitive nature of the work it is predominantly done onsite but there is some flexibility depending on project.
Skillset / experience required:
- DOORS, or other SysML tools
- You will be able to perform requirements analysis and trade off studies to flow down requirements to seeker sub-assemblies, firmware and software
- You will be able to demonstrate your systems engineering experience
- You will be able to demonstrate exposure to system requirements, as well as developing system architecture models and configuration control
- You will be able to discuss hardware, firmware or software design constraints
- Knowledge of RF is desirable
- Have a willingness to learn about the project, tools and methods
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.