Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Bolton is currently looking to recruit a Technical Administrator subcontractor on an initial 12 month contract.
This role would suit a candidate who comes from a strong Project Coordinator or Project Officer or Project Assistant or Technical Administrator background.
- Role is focused on supporting the ESS team with admin duties
- Dealing with external contractors – Risk assessments, booking with security and reception etc.
- SAP Experience would be beneficial but not essential – happy to train applicants on this providing they have a decent level of IT experience.
- A General interest in engineering would be helpful but not essential.
Contract Duration: 12 Months initially and then ongoing.
Hourly Rate: £24.19ph (Umbrella)
Technical Administrator Job Description:
The ESS (Environmental Stress Screening) & Mechanical Team is responsible for the commissioning and day-to-day support of environmental and mechanical test facilities within our state of the art manufacturing facility in Bolton. An opportunity has arisen for a technical administrator to join the ESS Team, providing varied administrative support to the environmental and mechanical engineers within the team.
- Good understanding of configuration control and asset management principles and systems.
- Strong attention to detail.
- MS Office – Proficient in using Word, Excel and PowerPoint to generate technical material.
- Supportive, helpful approach and a calm and professional manner, even when under pressure or requirements are changed at the last minute.
- An awareness of budgetary management would be useful.
- Knowledge of SAP would be advantageous but not essential.
Providing technical administration support to the ESS & Mechanical Team to ensure programmes are met to agreed time, cost and quality requirements.
- Updating and controlling company equipment records, including archiving and transfer activities.
- Carrying out costing activities alongside ESS engineers.
- Supporting the ESS & Mechanical team by generating and updating technical documentation such as calibration specifications and proving documents.
- Processing of facility documentation including configuration control and external visitor paperwork.
- Liaising with Design and Manufacturing Engineering on equipment documentation issues.
- Assisting in periodic competency monitoring checks on engineering certification documentation.
- Raising and processing purchase requisitions to assist engineers in the procurement of items to support engineering activities.
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.