Description of role:
World Class Defence Organisation based in Stevenage, Hertfordshire (The role will be hybrid of working from home and onsite for the first few weeks and then will revert to a more remote basis) is currently looking to recruit 3x Test Equipment Design Engineer subcontractors on an initial 12 month contract.
The role will be hybrid of working from home and onsite for the first few weeks and then will revert to a more remote basis.
This role would suit a candidate from the Defence / Aerospace industry who has a background in any of the following; Test Equipment Design, LabVIEW, TestStand, A.T.E Test Equipment Design, FPGA, Digital and Analogue Electronics.
Hourly Rate: Completely Negotiable (let me know what rate you would be looking for)
Contract Duration: 12 Months (initially and then ongoing and long-term thereafter)
Test Equipment Design Engineer Job Description:
An opportunity has arisen for a Test Equipment Engineer with drive and enthusiasm to join Europe’s number one missile system provider, developing and designing Test Equipment solutions for the next generation of weapons.
- To provide support in the day to day running of Test Equipment product support activities.
- It will require complete management of the technical change through the engineering change process.
- To solve potentially complex technical problems from cradle to grave through the use of structured problem solving techniques.
- Wide ranging technical background with exposure from system level down to component level within numerous technical disciplines; including EMC, RF, Digital & Analogue, Video and Power supplies.
- Taking an active role in maintaining and modifying relevant engineering processes and procedures. Also working closely with managers to develop team improvements.
- Working across multiple projects and developing solutions for products at differing stages of maturity including prototyping, production and end-user equipment.
- Excellent communication skills are required to create and maintain working relationships with multi-disciplinary teams
Skills and Experience:
- Excellent understanding of: Digital and Analogue Electronics (new and old) – Wiring diagrams and schedules – Microsoft products.
- Good understanding of: Instrument communication systems (GPIB /Lan / BCD) – Power control, power switching and supply regulation from DC to 3 phase – Interlock and safety related circuits on mechanical and electrical machines and safe working with low to medium power RF signals.
- Basic Understanding of: RF measurement techniques and equipment – Boundary scan (JTAG) test, diagnostics and programming – Firmware coding.
- Related competence in one or more of the following: The use of CAE Design tools – Negotiation of subsystem requirements with the systems teams – Writing Subsystem Requirement and associated documents – Ability to provide succinct and accurate reports and presentations
- Experienced Engineer in the design, integration and validation of test solutions for electronic / electro mechanical equipment and systems
Apply for this role
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below and a member of the team will be in touch.
Sign up to our monthly newsletter
Enter your details and drop your CV in the form below.